How to Request Assistance
If you would like to see if you can participate in any of the payment assistance options available, here's what you need to do:
1. Contact HSBC first
Contact an HSBC Mortgage Servicing Professional at 800-395-3489 to discuss all the available options and explore which option best fits your situation (Recommended option)
2. Gather Additional Required Documents
The following documents are required in order for HSBC Mortgage Services to assess your modification request. If we do not receive the required documentation within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date you request payment assistance, we will consider your request for modification assistance incomplete and it will be denied.
- Two (2) sequential pay stubs (within the last 60 calendar days from the date you requested the modification). The pay stubs must include the company name and address.
Business for Self / Self Employed
- Three (3) month's most recent bank statements showing all transaction details or a complete tax return from the prior year, including Schedule C or K.
- A written statement indicating, for one or more applicant(s), that they are currently not receiving income.
Unemployment / Public Assistance
- Most recent unemployment / public assistance pay stub or benefit letter (within the last 60 calendar days from the date you requested the modification).
Pensions & Annuities/SSI/Disability (Short or Long Term)
- Current year's Social Security or Disability benefit or awards letter, Pension/Annuities statement or
- One (1) month's bank statement showing statement date, customer name, and deposit line item (within the last 60 calendar days from the date you requested the modification) or
- A copy of the disability statement or pay stub (within the last 60 calendar days from the date you requested the modification)
- Entire tax return for the prior year with Schedule E.
- If the property is a new rental and no Schedule E filed with prior year taxes, a current lease agreement is acceptable
Child Support Alimony, or Separate Maintenance Income
(Please be advised that child support, alimony, or separate maintenance income that you receive is not required to be disclosed unless you would like it to be included for consideration in your modification application.)
- If you wish to include this information, please provide a copy of the court order or a notarized letter from the ex-spouse validating income.
Proof of Hardship related to a deceased customer
A death certificate is required under the following conditions
- Death of a contributing customer
- Death of a family member/co-customer/partner living in the household
Due to the various types of loans we service and to prevent delays in processing, you must call 1-800-395-3489 to obtain instructions on how to send your documents. When we have the required documents, your loan will be assigned to one of our Mortgage Servicing professionals for review. You may be asked for additional documentation as we evaluate your request. Please allow approximately ten (10) business days for processing.
For questions regarding your request, please contact us at 1-800-395-3489.