- Will the terms of my loan change now that my mortgage is with HSBC Mortgage Services?
- Will my automatic payment plan continue with HSBC Mortgage Services?
- What should I do if I've already sent a payment to my previous mortgage company?
- Will I be charged any late fees for delays during the transfer period?
- How do I notify HSBC Mortgage Services if my mailing address or phone number changes?
No, the transfer of your loan to HSBC Mortgage Services does not affect the current terms and conditions of your loan in any way. The interest rate, monthly payment, due date and term of your loan will not change.
If you had an automatic payment plan with your previous mortgage company, it was discontinued on the date your loan transferred to HSBC Mortgage Services. HSBC offers the Automatic Payment Plan that will withdraw your mortgage payment automatically from your checking or savings account on the date you have selected.
Your previous mortgage company will attempt to ensure that all payments are posted to your account before transferring your loan to HSBC Mortgage Services. However, if your payment was received by your previous mortgage company after the transfer to HSBC Mortgage Services, it will be forwarded to us for processing. To verify that your payment was properly credited, you can view your account activity online or contact Customer Care at (800) 333-7023, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time.
No, all payments received by your previous mortgage company during the 60 days following the date of the transfer, will be treated as "on time" payments. In this instance you will not be charged a late fee or be reported as past due.
- Indicate the changes on your billing statement when you make your payment
- Contact Customer Care at (800) 333-7023